Monday, February 15, 2016

New Girl in the City.

Well, the name sounds familiar right? But the matter will be different all together. The name might have been taken from Wake up Sid! but the feelings attached to this piece of writing will be so different. Ayesha played by Konkana in Wake up Sid! might be feeling the same thing that I will be jotting down but Ayesha was already from a city called Kolkata and Me, I am from a small town called Jamshedpur.

I got placed on 22nd May only and started working with the prestigious Future Group. I was into Insurance Sector and trust me when I joined I was enjoying my work. You had to meet so many clients and persuade them for a policy but slowly slowly pressure was bounding and I was pressurized from everywhere. I was planning to change my job and got a breakthrough when I got a call from Futurestep saying that they would like to conduct an interview with us. So I readily accepted this. Futurestep was a brand in itself and to be associated with this huge firm will be a learning step for me. So, my interview went well and I got through. My happiness knew no bounds. I was happy and sad both at the same time. Happy because I got through this and sad because I was somehow attached to KIIT and Bhubaneshwar so leaving all these was naturally little difficult for me.

September 22, 2015- I had my flight to Pune from Ranchi. I was going to take a big leap. From being a small town, I always had one wish: To work independently in a big city. Futurestep gave me that opportunity. I reached Pune and I called one of my friends Trisha straightaway. Finally, I got a chance to know her better and be with her because I had always adored her. So, I shifted with Trisha and my plan was to shift to a flat after somedays. But one day she only asked me if I would like to move in with her and I was ecstatic.

September 24, 2015- First day in Office. Excited to death. Nervous too. Was waiting for the day to get over so that I can explore a little part of Pune i.e. Koregaon park. Well, this place is full of life especially where I was living. It was considered to be most hip and happening places in Pune and pretty expensive too. I was dumbstruck by humility and warmth that Pune people showed even to strangers. The best part about this place that people here our least bothered and they don't interfere in each others life very much.

Pune- For a small town girl like me, this place astounded me. People are warm here no doubt but the best part of this city is that it can never run out of food (but cannot beat Kolkata on this one though). You have so many options here. One can eat Misal Pau and can even have sumptious Mexican and Thai meal it all depends on your pocket size. And man, Punekars are in love with Bakeries and pastries and cakes I think. You tend to spot minimum 10 bakeries in one lane and believe me all are equally delicious because Punekars bake it with love.

Keeping food and people aside, Pune has some really happening places to hang out and party with friends. You have something like Hard Rock Cafe to something like Swig and Classic Rock Cafe. You have The Westin and you also have something like Prem's. Coming to Pune has changed my life for good. I have grown more independent and more mature. I have been loaded with more responsibilities for sure but this city has accepted me in such a short span of time. This city has given me friends for a lifetime. Friends whom I call family. This city has given me experiences. Its just been like 4 months and I have learnt so much. If living in a big city, you need to depend on your own self.

I am here for a long time I hope. And this city never fails to intrigue me. It has always been a roller coaster ride for me. I am loving the moments spent here and will continue to enjoy more because this place is very near to Mumbai and Goa too. Pune has given me everything in these 5 months and I am sure it will give me more in coming years. Thank you Pune and Punekars for making my life so happening. I will always be indebted to this city.

Love,
Smita Ranjan






1 comment: